Bruno Söhnle started his watchmaking career in 1957 when he joined his older brothers’ watch factory “Heges”. Already at the age of 17, his passion for watches was pathbreaking for his success to follow. Only 10 years later Buno Söhnle distributed watches under several brands.
Although it was a long and winding road, Söhnle rewarded himself in 2000 with his own watch brand and the foundation of “Bruno Söhnle Uhrenatelier Glashütte/Sa”. In 2006, he bought the former Assmann House in Dresden where he set up a production and development facility. For more than ten years, high precision watches with modified quartz movements are manufactured under the brand. The first mechanical watch edition of the company made its way to the market in 2008. It is equipped with a newly developed and refined mechanical movement that was developed in-house. Nowadays, Bruno Söhnle speaks specifically to a chosen audience with its three product lines: fine quartz watches, high quality hand-wound mechanical watches and a classic automatic watch collection.
It has always been a real family business. Next to Bruno Söhnle and his wife Christine, their daughter Stephanie has been part of administration and became SEO of the company in 2009.