The brand Elysée was introduced to the watch making world for the first time in 1920 when Jacques Beaufort founded his watch factory in a small village close to Bémont (Swiss Jura). After his death in the late 1930’s, no more watches were produced under the brand. It was re-registered as a brand by the Harer company in the city of Pforzheim in 1960. The company focused on the production of mechanical watches with gold cases. At that time, Harer was one of the leading jewelry manufacturers in Germany.
In 1991, Elysée was sold to entrepreneur R.F. Reiner Seume who brought new life into the brand. He invested in the location Düsseldorf and a complete realignment of the brand began. The logo changed, the product range was extended and the focus was solely on the German market at first.
With the beginning of the new millennium, distribution and sale were expanded to other European countries and by the end of 2012, its watches were already available in more than 30 countries of the world. In the meantime, the brand became heavily involved in historic motor sport and even successfully participated in a ralley event. Famous ambassadors for Elysée became Formula 1 legends Graf Berghe von Trips and Jochen Mass. CEO Reiner Seume’s son Julian was introduced to the company in 2010. The complete watch production is taking place in Germany since 2013.